3.04.2007

Dreams

Everyone has a dream. I’m not exceptional.
When we are small, we always want to be an adult as soon as possible.
We want to have our own houses; we want to have our own cars.
We want to control everything, just want a life that is completely belong to our own.
Children always adore adults’ lives.
But they don’t know is, how difficult an adult’s life is.


I still remember, it’s a Christmas morning.
When I woke up, I saw something right above the shelf.
It’s a candy bar set. Around the cadies, are lots of lights twinkling like stars.
I was pleasantly surprised, and woke up quickly to tell my mom that Santa clause gave me a big gift.
My mom congratulated me that this year I’m a good girl so that Santa clause would like to treat me.
That day, I had a wonderful time and what full of happiness is my heart.


Time passed, I grew up with a high speed. Now, I’m in university.
There’s no more Christmas gift lying on the shelf.
And there’s no believe like Santa Clause or other fairy tales.
I know, it’s a pity. But, it’s a truth. No matter I have to face it.
When we’re all old enough, we‘ll discover, beautiful stories sometimes are fake.
Children have the clearest and purest hearts.
And they deserve to have a dream, anytime, anyhow.
Who makes the dream much more beautiful is adult.


Until I grew up, I know my mom did a lot when the Christmas came.
She woke up early to find a big gift, and then put it near my bed, trying not to disturb me, not to disturb my dream, and to come true a dream in reality.
I felt bad when I knew there’s no Santa Clause.
I cried a lot, but I didn’t know to console my mom then.
I believe, they are as same disappointed as me.
My parents made a lot for me, because they’re adults, they can make everything.
That’s why when I was small, I always want to be an adult, want to be a person that can create dreams, create surprises.


I do like to be an adult. But I believe it’s better to be a child.
Sometimes I miss my toys, even I went to some stores, try to get them back.
But it’s different, I still play toys, but it’s different the way we play.
Growing up is not a bad thing, I even appreciate it.
Though I know there’s so much worries, so much challenges during an adult’s way.
But if we make it into a test, a trial.
The attitude changes, then the thinking will change.


I adore adult’s life, but I can’t imagine I’m an adult now.
I like smiles that children give, and their laughter.
I know if someday I have children, I will still let them have dreams.
The dreams they deserve, the dream that I still could possess.

4 comments:

stupid said...

I don't know how to express...
Your style of writing is very fabulous!
At least...I counldn't correctly write down my moods and thoughts by English as well as you, say nothing of speaking.
Maybe I must learn from you,ha ha!
Invite you sincerely to visit my blog.

shelley said...

heart stirring~~~

swankchen said...

INDEED, i have the same feeling from this part!

Sea said...

thanks you guys to visit my post.
gosh..i got lots of feelings from this topic, and it always haunted my mind even i know there's nothing could be changed.
but i believe there's still some great things during our way becoming an adult, just like what we are!:)